Sponsored by:

big stuff 3 QA,

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default big stuff 3 QA,

Hello

I have been working on a friends program for a bracket mustang. I have everything working great and except I can't seem to add enough fuel to get the car started. Even warm it is hard to start. The cranking fuel table will not allow me to input more the 65 units. We can prime the TB and it will start everytime.

Also, he shifts at 7000rpm (5 speed) and does not power shift. He lets off quickly and stabs it again. Once he hits the next gear (1 to 2 only) the car falls and stubles then takes off again. see specs below. As it stands, the car is a 10 sec NA car, 590 RWHP. But the dyno does not have to shift Any help would be great.

347 CID
2700 LB
4:11 27" tires
5-speed
cam 268 something at 50, 108, and some where around 730 lift.
Heads?? very big
1200 CFM TB
Vic manifold
40 PSI fuel
42 LB inj (I think to small)
aeromotive fuel system
free, unobstructed exhaust.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've noticed the bs3 takes a bit more time to fire off than a stock ecu as well but commanding 65ms should certainly be enough fuel to start it.

For your stumble, if you havn't allready try to zero out the cells in the dMAP correction table between -14 and 0 KPA.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
I've noticed the bs3 takes a bit more time to fire off than a stock ecu as well but commanding 65ms should certainly be enough fuel to start it.

For your stumble, if you havn't allready try to zero out the cells in the dMAP correction table between -14 and 0 KPA.
Bingo!!!!! Thanks

As for the start issue, with a cam that large, how much does timing come into play when cranking?