Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle problem and stumble on truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default idle problem and stumble on truck

hey everyone, i have a 1998 trans am but thats not what i am having issues with but i know a lotta people on these forums know a lot about cars so.....

i also have a 2002 dakota r/t. its a 5.9 liter with heads, cam, intake manifold, and all the boltons. Recently a problem slowly started to develop. It would occasionally stumble upon takeoff (more when engine is cold but sometimes when hot). second problem is when coming to a red light or stop sign the idle would sometimes sound as if the plug wires were chriscrossed or something. Now, this problem is no longer once in a while but constant and it doesnt sound good. Driving around accelerating seems normal. Decellerating the idle drops slightly more than normal but it wont stall out or anything. changed the plug wires back to stock and no change in performance. Anyone know wat can be wrong??
Old 06-11-2009, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont worry guys i figured out the problem no need to help or anything.... i found out today that loose connections by the header collectors are never good.