Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with HP tuners seeing VCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problems with HP tuners seeing VCM

Crossposted from hptuners forum as there's probably more traffic here and I currently have generice VCM issues:

I'm not noob to forums or computers, but damn I sure am an HPTuners noob.

Installed drivers. Got info from interface to see my 8 credits. Tried to connect and it can't see the VCM.

Vehicle is a conversion (LS6 in '01 Miata). I checked the hot at the OBDII port and it's good. I tried to plug a generic OBDII reader I have into the port and it's not seeing the VCM either. VCM is '04 GTO. There is a vanilla mail order tune on it.

On the '04 GTO VCM Blue connector,
19 - Ign voltage
20 - Batt
57 - Batt.

I tested 19 and get Ign+ with key on and 20 and 57 are indeed hot.

My battery is a bit low at 10.7 volts. Could this be the problem? I'm charging it now and tried the test with a charger hooked up, though it is a 12v 6a charger.

After it is charged, is there an output at the VCM to test with a volt meter to see if the PCM is doing anything when powered up?

Edit for more info.

Hooked up a real battery charger so I have voltage. Getting 5v at TPS sensor. Getting continuity at all grounds at VCM. No injector pulse when cranking.

Thanks,
Frank
Old 06-28-2009, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it to read through the port. Apparently hptuners and the VCM didn't like the lower voltage with my trickle charger.

Frank

Quick Reply: problems with HP tuners seeing VCM