Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for Computer / Wiring Harness for LS6

Old 07-03-2009, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for Computer / Wiring Harness for LS6

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and am new to LSX engines in general. I have a 1999 LS6 crate motor (stock with the exception of with Kooks headers) that I plan on installing in my 1969 Camaro. I do not plan on adding turbos or supercharging but I would like to add a mild shot of nitrous (125 HP shot or less). This is a street/strip Pro Street car with 8 point cage and tubbed rear end. That being said, what is your opinion on the best value for computer and wiring for this setup? I don't think I need the most expensive computer controller out there but I would like a setup that allows me to grow as I gain tuning experience or potentially add speed parts. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Launching!

I would run the 2001+ 0411 PCM. They are cheap and came in many vehicles.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Thanks DD...I am assuming there is no tuning invloved...simply use the fuel/ignition curves provided by GM? Do the "hand tuners" that I see out there allow me to modify these computer settings....or am I kidding myself that there are better (performance oriented) fuel and ignition parameters than the ones the GM engineers mapped out? THX!

Search this Thread