PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharged LT1 Second Tune ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharged LT1 Second Tune ?????

I have a 1996 M6 P1SC Trans Am with LT's and Magnaflow. The car was dynotuned last year after I installed the blower with the FMU, boost-a-pump and stock injectors. The tuner said the injectors maxed out @ 5,000 RPM so he only tuned it to that RPM point at which it made 402 RWHP And 420 torque @ about 6lbs of boost. He advised me to by 42# injectors, a 255 LPH fuel pump, MAF translator, and to delete the FMU. He said after I had all this stuff installed to bring it back and he would finish the tune. He said "it won't cost much more money to finish it" and then charged my $500.00 for what he did. I then bought Ford SVO 42 lb injectors and a Walbro 255 pump. After researching it a bit I learned that you can have the PCM reprogrammed by mail order and they can do what the MAF translator will do for all actually a lesser charge than the MAF translator allone, and they also can tune it for the bigger injectors. So my question is should I send the PCM out or bring the car back to him and possibly have him charge me another $500.00? I'm a broke *** dude that just wants my car to be right for the least amount of money and I allready feel like I wasted 500 bucks.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have it tuned. Mail order isn't actually doing anything to verify that it's right. If the car ran good up to 5000 RPM...he'll just need to dial in the injectors and then finish the tuning above 5000 RPM...part of dialing in the injectors will be making it run the same below 5000 RPM.