Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.7 vortec swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.7 vortec swap

i'm swapping in a 97 vortec 350 and have some ??? if you have an answer please chime in. vortec EFI with CPI

1. I just got it running with the stock computer (tune), can i run it with just 2 HO2 sensors and be okay?

2. since i believe it is ODBII can i unplug the MAF and run it in speed density mode without O2's at least for a little while?

3. can i drive it without a VSS for a couple miles or will it throw a fit? Can i sim a VSS to let the computer think it's moving?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazydavez28
i'm swapping in a 97 vortec 350 and have some ??? if you have an answer please chime in. vortec EFI with CPI

1. I just got it running with the stock computer (tune), can i run it with just 2 HO2 sensors and be okay?

2. since i believe it is ODBII can i unplug the MAF and run it in speed density mode without O2's at least for a little while?

3. can i drive it without a VSS for a couple miles or will it throw a fit? Can i sim a VSS to let the computer think it's moving?
1- yes

2- yes

3- is this for the '94 in your sig? if so, your M6 uses the exact same VSS sensor as the L31 PCMs do. however you should be able to drive it without a VSS without too much problem. when I did my M6 swap into the truck I drove it for a mile or two without recalibrating the speedometer, it was WAY off due to the 17 tooth reluctor in the T56 vs the 40 tooth in the 4L60e, it drive just fine, no issues, just the speedometer was off. I would think you'd get an SES, but it would probably still drive okay, i wouldn't leave it that way for long though, there are many tables that utilize the VSS signal for various things.

Quick Reply: 5.7 vortec swap