Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets get my 404 ls2 optimized

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lets get my 404 ls2 optimized

Ok well I just got a 404 ls2 installed in my car. Running torquer v3 cam, 241 heads, and ls6 intake. (i plan to do a h/c/i within the next year but the shortblock was too expensive to do at this moment).

My car ran awesome before the 404 was put in till i spun a bearing. I simply changed the displacement and it seems to be running good and strong but I feel that im leaving some on the table.

Lets look at part throttle at the moment as I am still breaking it in and dont want to get crazy with the rpms yet.

What should I do spark and fuel wise to optimize power? I realize i need a load bearing dyno to get 100% on the money but someone has to have some input.

Also, i believe my compression is 11.5 which is higher than it used to be if that makes much difference.

I dont have a WOT log yet because i want to make sure its broke in well before i beat on it.

This link to get the tune and log:
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...579#post177579
Old 07-10-2009, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pHEnomIC
I realize i need a load bearing dyno.....
You answered your own question dude.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Not sure I understand what you are doing. First of all, you do not tune for optimized power when tuning part throotle. Or am I wrong on this matter?

After I installed my 402 LS2 stroker, I tuned the idle, then the part throotle which to me means that I tuned the drivibility by driving around at various speeds and load cases, but never got into WOT. I tried to put the PCM into as many FTCs that I could, and data log as I drove. I came back home with a very big file.

For the part throotle tuning, I simply let the fuel trims guide me in tuning, first the MAF table, then with the MAF disabled, I tuned the VE table. For the MAF table, positive fuel trims means that I need to increase the values in the MAF table. The reverse is true. And you best have a smooth function here. No steps.

Quick Reply: Lets get my 404 ls2 optimized