Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC1 + Gauge + HPtuners...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LC1 + Gauge + HPtuners...

I've got an LC1 going into my car with the blue LED gauge. How would I wire it to be able to datalog with HPT but still keep the gauge functional at all times?

I know the LC1s wideband output goes to both the gauge and the EIO input. And I know the second ground on the LC1(not the heater ground but the second ground) is supposed to go to the ground port on the HPT. So Should I just ground the LC1 and the gauge at the same spot on the chassis, and then ground the LC1's EIO ground to that spot as well whenever I have it in the car?

Also, Innovate says I should ideally ground BOTH LC1 grounds at the same spot, ideally soldered together as opposed to using two eyelets. But then I read on here at HPT forums that the two grounds should be far away from each other...IE Heater ground to the cylinder head, and the other ground to a chassis ground somewhere in the car. Which is it?
Old 08-03-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I temporarily wired it up to a cigarette lighter plug just to try it out and also keep it mobile in case a friend's car needs it. Works mint with all the grounds soldered to the same terminal.

I'm gonna wire it to HP tuners using that same ground terminal, and if there's no offset issues, I'm gonna rewire it cleaner and just make it portable like the LM1.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the lc1 say use different grounds?
Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
does the lc1 say use different grounds?
No it says ideally you want them all soldered to the same terminal.