Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition cut.. flat shift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ignition cut.. flat shift?

Hey I am running HpTuners have an 06 LM7 twin turbo and a Liberty faceplated 1st-5th TKO600 trans. The car isnt even close to being finished but I want to buy the Mastershift sequential shifter kit for this and I have a question about setting up an ignition cut.

The Mastershift ecu has an ignition cut feature that grounds a circuit when it is shifting. Since I more or less have a full dogbox with the Mastershift I can shift sequentially without clutching. To do this I either have to lift off the gas or if possible retard timing to minimize torque during gear changes.

Now what I want to do is be able to hook the Mastershift wire to the Engines PCM and when it goes to ground timing is pulled to the maximum amount. Ive seen ways of pulling timing for nitrous and didnt know if this would be applicable for what I want to do. Itll only need to pull timing for maybe a couple hundred miliseconds but if it doesnt reduce the torque then the gearbox wont disengage. If you ride a sportbike you know what Im talking about. With a bike you let off the gas and the trans will upshift right away then back on the gas. I want to do this via timing so I can keep my foot planted and just bang the gears.

If the nitrous trick with tricking the IAT will work for this short of a time then lemme know otherwise Id appreciate any help regarding implementing ignition cut during shifts. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Ignition cut.. flat shift?