PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange problem with my CTS-V. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Strange problem with my CTS-V. Need help.

I posted this over on caddy forum, maybe you guys can help. They had never seemed to hear of the problem.

I'm driving home from work a few days ago when I see "Service Theft System" come up on the Nav screen. The BRAKE, TCS (off), and ABS lights come on and all start flashing at a seemingly random pace, and the car is bonging at me. I get home (a few blocks away), turn off, and restart. From then on all the lights are still on (Brake/TCS/ABS), but it doesn't bong anymore and the "Service Theft System" doesn't come up. I unplugged the battery and the TCM/PCM fuses for a while, let it reset, and it started all over again when I started the car up. It did it without even moving the car, so I doubt it's a fault speed sensor.

I checked all the speed sensors and the brake fluid level sensor and everything is still plugged in and looks to be alright.

Since it has been doing this, it has disabled the slow-speed power steering assist, so it's kind of a bitch to turn. Does anyone have any input on what's causing this? The car starts/runs just fine, but I can't change the TCS settings and it's a BITCH to turn.

Thanks for the read.

-Casey
I scanned it today and got all this crap.........

Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? I didn't check all the "entertainment" kinds of fuses, but I checked all the TCS/ABS stuff I could find, none were blown. I've seen communications issues with other cars when I scanned them, but it usually doesn't have any effect on how the car operates.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this sounds ridiculously simple, but is there any chance you have a bad battery? Cadillacs are notorious for acting crazy if the battery isn't consistently over 13 volts while running. My STS will act haunted if the battery is low.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally found it. Ground wire was broken off at the lug. I stripped it, put on a new one, and bolted it back down. The yellow connector is the new connection I had to make.

The following users liked this post:
ajhale (02-24-2021)

Quick Reply: Strange problem with my CTS-V. Need help.