Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Efi live timing questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Efi live timing questions

Anyone care how to expalin how to adjust timing with EFI live? I know to change the main high octane table just not sure what I need to change.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Best to get it on a dyno and see what timing and AFR will give you the most power with no detonation (knock).

You can always copy some of the 'canned' tunes available in the EFILive repository. You can then log spark advance and see if you are getting any knock.

Bottom line..bite the bullet and get it on a dyno to successfully adjust your High-Octane Spark table..

Good Luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

Agreed on the dyno part but when I get there....how do I change it? It measured in grams/cyclinder or something like that over rpm. How do I figure that out?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You might want to post over on the EFILive message board. While I found it pretty easy to just follow the software tutorials, they have a couple of members who are more willing to walk you through every step.

You have to log the g/cylinder parameter and spark. Then it is very easy to change the timing values in the table I was referring to.

Have you read through tutorials or done any logging yet?

Start with reading the tutorials, then post your question from the point of view that you have read through all the introductory material.

Once you start logging those parameters you will have no trouble changing the spark tables.

Good luck.

..WeathermanShawn..