PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermitten NO START - Please Help 01 SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermitten NO START - Please Help 01 SS

I have an 01 SS camaro that has been acting weird for me. About two months ago it would crank and not start maybe once a week. After cycling the key and sitting there pissed off at the car it would start- now Every other time I go out to the car I am cycling a lot and it just cranks. I am looking for somebody that has some good ideas or maybe has had this problem. I have an slp intake lid,k&N filter, descreened MAF, LT headers, open exhaust, rear o2 simulators, diablosport HP tune and thats about all that has been done to it. This problem hasn't seemed to be right after I did a modification and has just seemed to get worse and now I am afraid there will be a time very soon it will not start. The battery is a yellow top optima so its fine and is cranking fine and the starter seems to be perfect but I am thinking either a fuel pump problem or crank or cam signal. I have pushed in the shrader valve and have fuel pressure but havn't hit it when it wouldn't start yet. I have no codes and other then starting it doesn't seem to have any problem. Please help... Thanks
Old 07-26-2009, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

check for spark.. sounds like a coil pack relay.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you hear the fuel pump turn on/prime before you attempt to crank?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Check the basics:
- are plugs firing...?
- are injectors firing...?
- does scantool indicate RPM while cranking...?
- is ignition relay ok (temporarily swap it with another identical-looking relay)...?
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 PM

I do hear the fuel pump prime- and everything checks out fine, scan tool does indicate rpm while cranking
Old 08-01-2009, 11:58 AM

Ok, thanks for all of your thoughts and ideas- I bought a fuel pump which I was going to install today because I was for sure that was the problem. I decidied to test a little more and finally when testing everything it acted up and wouldn't start- when it would start- fuel pressure was fine and injectors were firing-(using Noid light) and coils were firing (using spark tester) When it wouldn't start fuel pressure was right as it had been and was perfect and neither the coils or injectors were firing- so with this information can somebody please throw some more ideas at me? I was also monitoring RPM on my snap on scan on and found about 179 RPM or so while cranking when it wouldn't start. This leads me to beileve that my CKP is obviously fine- So my thoughts now are that my diablo sport tunner has messed up my computer or something along those lines b/c something isn't working both the injectors and coils- PCM? thanks for all the help