Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3.8SC Torque Mgmt

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3.8SC Torque Mgmt

Working on a buddy's Bonneville this weekend( I know not an F or Y body, not even a V8!). I have a M6 so torque management hasn't been a concern for me. He wants it removed, he says completely but I'll talk him into removing 60%ish of it. So for the SSEI I have torque step size for table lookup in constants and % tq reduction vs tq vs shift. This is with TunerCat.

Are these the only tables I need to play with? Can I scale the constant by 60% to achieve my outcome or should I leave the constant alone and adjust the other table?

I found this but still cant comprehend the table completely:

This table specifies the normal % torque reduction applied during an upshift or downshift as a function of torque and shift. The row index is specified in torque step multiplier which is a multiplier to the torque step size constant. For example if the torque step multiplier row index value is 4 then the actual torque value would be 4 x the torque step size value. Thus adjusting the torque step size value will adjust the range and resolution of the row index for this table.

Doing this for him Sunday any help would be great
Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doing this sunday guys, any help would be great