PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could my tune be off that much???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Could my tune be off that much???

Check out this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...rt-my-car.html

If you don't feel like reading: I added headers, intake/TB, pulley, 3.5" driveshaft, & 12 bolt 33 spline w/Eaton. Should the stock tune be OK? I lost power, due to the heavier drivetrain, I know that. But shouldn't the extra mods make up the difference? Maybe not without a tune??? More info in the link above!

Thanks, all help is appreciated!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Black 99 Bird
Check out this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...rt-my-car.html

If you don't feel like reading: I added headers, intake/TB, pulley, 3.5" driveshaft, & 12 bolt 33 spline w/Eaton. Should the stock tune be OK? I lost power, due to the heavier drivetrain, I know that. But shouldn't the extra mods make up the difference? Maybe not without a tune??? More info in the link above!

Thanks, all help is appreciated!
Looks to me like you're on street tires. You have changed intake and exhaust so you do need a tune.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BoMar Racing
Looks to me like you're on street tires. You have changed intake and exhaust so you do need a tune.
Actually that was on BFG drag radials. However the track prep was bad, and I think I heated the tires too much, if that is possible? I thought I would be OK on the stock tune with bolt-ons, guess not? Thanks for your input.

Keep it comin guys.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Black 99 Bird
Actually that was on BFG drag radials. However the track prep was bad, and I think I heated the tires too much, if that is possible? I thought I would be OK on the stock tune with bolt-ons, guess not? Thanks for your input.

Keep it comin guys.
BFG recommends about a 2 second burnout. I don't even use a line lock anymore. I just spin em from the box to the line. You can definitely get them too hot and lose traction.

You made major changes even though they are just bolt on. Fuel/air and back pressure. I hope you see some gains after it's tuned but you may have to go to a bigger cam to benefit from the changes you made. There's no end to it after you start down this road.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BoMar Racing
BFG recommends about a 2 second burnout. I don't even use a line lock anymore. I just spin em from the box to the line. You can definitely get them too hot and lose traction.

You made major changes even though they are just bolt on. Fuel/air and back pressure. I hope you see some gains after it's tuned but you may have to go to a bigger cam to benefit from the changes you made. There's no end to it after you start down this road.
Yeah I figured the tires out the hard way, they don't like a lot of heat. Seems like the tune is way off. I have AutoTap, what should I check to see how rich the car is?

Keep it comin guys, thanks for the input!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would contact Steve from www.TunedByFrost.com and get a tune. It is cheap enough and I'm sure it will help out and make car feel better.