Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need help!!!

I just got done putting my A/F gauge in today. Now I dont know what to think.
First off it is an autometer narrow band gauge.

Here is the problem, when I first started the car up it read with in the normal limits, it bounced around but stayed normal. So I reved the car some and it went rich bounced around some and then went lean. After the car warmed up a little I went out on a test drive to see what would happen and the gauge bounced from rich to lean, would stay lean for a half a second the go to rich bounce around then lean. It did it the whole time.

So then I decide to jump on it, and it went lean and stayed there till I shifted gears when it would got rich and straight back to lean. I was only getting up to about 4500. I slowed down leaving the car in gear and at about 2500ish it started doing the same thing as befor.

What I need to know is, is it normal for a narrow band to do that or is it a problem with the gauge, or the sensor,or do narrow bands suck that much?
Just so you guys know the car has a BS safe running tune in it so that might be the problem as well.

Thanks for your help
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd get rid of it. There are customers @ a local shop who actually had fueling trouble because of a narrow band gauge being piggy packed to the O2 wires. This has been mentioned in conversation only. I can't say this from personal experience. Anyway, If you truly want to know what is going on, install a wide band w/ a wide band 02 sensor.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you install the a/f sensor wire? did you splice into the 02 sensor or into the pcm? i just put one in and mine doesnt work so im guessing i did it wrong, if you could post a pic with how you did it that would be awesome!!!