Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car going lean at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Car going lean at WOT

Hey guys I got a problem. I notice on my wideband that whenever I am at WOT I watch my gauge go from about 12.2afr and shoot over to super lean and detonate a bit. After messing with it a bit today I noticed that when I unplug my maf it stays right at 12.2-12.5 wot and has no detonation. The car was tuned back in december and ran great.

I noticed it having these issues back in april on and off and am just now getting into fixing it since I finally got a new job. My question is that even though its not throwing an SES light could this be that the maf is going bad? My setup is in the sig. Thanks for the help
Old 08-27-2009, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If your MAF was tuned, it should be fine no matter what the weather is doing. Did you tune it or a shop? How does the car drive? You want your WOT AFR to be around 12.7 - 13.0 through the full pull. Your kinda close to me, maybe I could look at it for you.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Launching!

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a shop in medina do it for me back in december. Its def leaner than the afr values you have stated. I did some more messing around on the way to work and even with the maf unplugged its still going to lean now. Im lost as to what i should do. I plan on hooking up to autotap tomorrow to do some logging. Could you shoot me a pm with what it would cost this to be completely retuned correctly.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you can't find any help I'll look at it for you.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the same thing happen--noticed it going way lean at WOT (AFR around 20). Didn't do it in SD mode. Pulled MAF, cleaned and checked wires. Put it back in and started it, AFR went right to 20. I concluded the MAF is bad and ordered a new one.