Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MAF Tuning Help

I have read as many things about tuning the MAF that I can find, can anyone please give me a link to something that give a good writeup that is correct. Everywhere I look they all seem different
Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one here you want to follow has this basic procedure:

1.) Disconnect MAF and disable MAF error code, forcing PCM into Speed Density mode.

2.) Tune VE table using LTFT as feedback, shoot for 0% trim in all cells. This takes lots of miles, in lots of RPM/load variations.

3.) When this is done, re-connect the MAF and re-enable the MAF error code.

4.) Tune MAF table to get LTFT back to 0%.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tune with a wideband not trims. Touchup the finished product with STFTs.

When tuning the MAF, set the High RPM Disable from 4000 RPMs down to like 100RPMs to put the car 'on the MAF' for it's tuning. Put it back when you get done.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Frost, I just pulled back in the garage and my MAF is tuned. I started with the fuel trims in the upper teens to low twentys and brought them down into single digits and tuned the MAF today. I know I can get everything closer but I have everything less than 5 so there was a huge improvement. Unfortunately I dont have a wideband or access to one yet, looking to get one but school starting and all the BS involved sending 2 kids made the wife put me on a spending lockdown! Anyway, 1.5 weeks with the software and my car is running better than it ever has, it also had a "Professional" tune in it before. Looked at the commanded AFR at WOT and it shows to be at 12.63 so I feel I am safe as far as still being able to go WOT un til I can tune it with a WB. One step at a time!