Sponsored by:

02 Sensor Issue, Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 Sensor Issue, Please Help

Hey All,

Got a '97 LT1, the car has BBK shortys, 2.5" y-pipe, single cat conversion. It just had two new o2 sensors installed in May, but now I am getting a code for bank 1 sensor 1 low circuit voltage. It looks like the PCM has been tuned for no rear 02s, cause they're not there and they're reading a constant .400 V. The bank 1 primary sensor is reading .400 V and not really moving at all, even when the car is warm and under load. Bank 2 primary is reading .800 V +/- .05 V. So it looks for sure like Bank 1 primary is fucked, cause it doesnt seem to be reading at all, but Bank 2 looks almost the same too, which is strange that it isn't setting a code. The last thing is it also looks like the PCM is in open loop all the time, even when the car is warm. It doesn't feel as quick as it was before the SES light, and it gets terrible mileage (~11-12 mpg city/highway combined).

My question is does this look like a clear cut case of a bad o2 (or o2's)? Also, could not having the rear o2 sensors have anything to do with the front o2 sensors going bad? I would think that if the lack of rear o2's was not tuned out the pcm would set a code for that as well? If anyone could chime in and offer some insight I would really appreciate it. Thanks.