Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI live issues!!

First off I use to scan my LS1 with EFI live and AUtotap back in 2001. Its been in its case since 2003. I hooked it up to my Vista notebook and Autotap just bluescreens. EFI live V6 (what came with my scanner) opens up connects scans the codes but will the dashboard does nothing. Its there but no guages start.

ITS BEEN A LONG time so there may be something I have to click or a hotkey I have to hit to start the guages?

I know this question will make most of you laugh but im having TPS problems and breaking up in high rpms so I need some help. I also downloaded 7.5 and it doesnt start the dashboard either. My cable is the autotap v2 with EFI live addon.

The buttons at the bottom of the dash board are all greyed out. But it picks up my vehicle VIN and some other info.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to first load a PID file into the flashscan. Click on the Flashscan help tab & follow the tutorial for how to log PID's.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Pid

Originally Posted by LS1-450
You need to first load a PID file into the flashscan. Click on the Flashscan help tab & follow the tutorial for how to log PID's.
The default one loaded its on the screen all the guages are there... but thanks im going out to try to load another one or customize a quick simple one.

I hope that works... its really strange...
Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default V5

OK I got V5 to work though I purchased version 6. play back comes back in fast forward like 10x's as fast as real time. "I wish my RPMs and speed climbed that fast..lol"

I am pretty sure I can get the data I need and from that but I would like to get at least V6 running maybe it will fix the playback issues.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up EFI LIVE support

Just wanted to say that Paul Blackmore hooked me up with fixing my EFI live for Vista.
Makes me feel even better about a darn near decade old purchase.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Cool... glad you got it updated and working...