Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got HP Tuners

My car is constantly in the low octane tables. Through a scan I can find nothing that is putting it there. The car had a tune on it when I purchased it so who knows how messedup it could be.

In LS1 edit i was able to copy the high octane table to the low octane table. I never use low octane gas and never had a problem because I scan the car quite often.

If I saw knock I knew something was wrong.

____My question is how do you copy the low octane table to the high octane table with HP Tuners?

Ill scan it and tweak the timing where needed if I find knock. The engine has a LOT of miles on it. When it does bite it. Im going to just put a cammed lq9 in its place. I am sort of practicing on the LS1 Z. Ill need to have a clue when I start tuning the Vette.

Thanks,
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Select all on the high octane table and paste into low octane table. Double clicking on the upper left corner of the table selects all.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

In HPtuners Editor go to engine->spark control->spark advance->High Octane
Now highlight all the cells and right click and click on ''copy'' then go to ''Low Octane'' highlight all cells, right click and click ''paste''. Don't forget to save your ''new'' tune.

Also read here how to use the software. Lots of good info there: http://www.hptuners.com/help/
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Find out why it's doing that. Are you running a MAF? No codes?

You can download a stock tune form the repository to compare yours to, so you can see what has or hasn't been done in the tune.

Feel free to post it up on here as well.