PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauges stopped working

Old 10-11-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default gauges stopped working

i had a guy tune my car for the new injectors i installed today. first off he 'couldnt connect' to the pcm. so finally we unhooked the battery for about 5 mins and he was able to pull the file. he made some changes and he uploaded them.. started up the car and it ran fine with no porblems for a couple minutes. all of a sudden my gauges(Tach,Temp,fuel level) all stopped working and he lost connection while the car was running. what the hell could have happened? my oil pressure and volt gauges still work but nothing else does. i checked all the fuses..
Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Teching In

which tuner your tuner is using if it is hptuners soo try to write calibration again in pcm i hope the gauges will work.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a short or something. I had similar problems, gauges blinking off then sweeping full and starting to work again, when my starter cable from the battery burned on the header after the motor swap.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:16 AM
Teching In

i also had this same exact thing happen to me but i had drove my car and put it away for the night and when i got home from work this happened still trying to figure it out
Old 10-31-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's pretty wierd sometimes they all work and sometimes they don't. Today the tach and temp both worked but the fuel level gauge didn't. I don't know where to start
Old 10-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Teching In

i did checks on everything with mine i teste the dlc the car ran fine for about 3 weeks then the altenator started screwing up and im thinking it spiked the pcm that wire is a switched ground from the pcm and turns the regulator on and ive had a l-circut malfunction and ive tested everything up to the pcm and the only think i can think of is the pcm took a crap i have all my grounds and power where they should be im going to order a new pcm im getting a new alt today but check the connector at the pcm for cracks and or if pin 58 dark green wire on the blue connector has a good connection
Old 10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by msperformance
which tuner your tuner is using if it is hptuners soo try to write calibration again in pcm i hope the gauges will work.
He is using ls1 edit, I don't think it's the tune tho.

Search this Thread