Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Think my pcm took a dump

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Think my pcm took a dump

Hey guys i have slight problem my car 99 trans am m6 was running fine yesterday then i parked it in the garage and left it there untill i got home from work today. i started it up ran fine then when i got back into the car i noticed that the tach,water temp, and fuel gauge dropped out and the car kind of got a lil miss to it . i could not not connect my computer to it. so i then checked all the fuses, i checked for power and ground to the dlc connector. then i checked continuity from the data wire to the pcm and the wire was ok so im thiniking the pcm? it just happened all of a sudden car ran fine the night before or am i missing something? before i order a new pcm?

thanks,
Scott
Old 10-31-2009, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

never seen that b4 but on my car the wires for the crank sensor got against the header and it fried the comp wouldnt do anything but crank over...not sure what the problem may be unless a ground came loose or something
Old 11-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Teching In

i checked all the grounds and checked against the headers everythings tucked up out of the way. only thing i can think of it did this after the altenator started messing up the im wondering if it spiked the comp somehow or from running and the altenator would kick out down to 7 volts then back up tp 14.8 and so on i have a new altenator and ive checked the pins for cracks all seem fine i know the comps bad now i just want to find out what caused it so it dosent happen again.