Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail Order or Dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Mail Order or Dyno?

I have an 05 CTS-V with very little mods listed ins ig. I am about to order a HSW nitrous kit for the 100 shot. I will be getting all necessary accessories to make the kit safe and reliable. My main thing is that the car is under warranty till 2011 and i want to be able to put the tune back to stock if I ever have to get warranty work done. I know a dyno is the best way but my tuner doesnt use handhelds which would prevent me from taking it back to stock unless i drove over an hour one way to his shop. Would a mail order tune programmed on a handheld be dangerous or ok to do from a well known tuner(wait4me)? I also want to be able to have a performance tune for off the spray that i can run when i dont plan to spray which would give me this alternative as well. thanks for the help.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy another PCM and have that one tuned, so when and if you need to take it back to stock you can switch back to your orginial PCM and it will be stock tune? Just an idea.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a handheld is great for anything without serious mods because they are a close safe tune. Nothing will beat a dyno tune but you can (with the diablo) save your stock tune to your computer after you put your custom tune in from them get it to a dyno put the stock tune back in before you tune(make sure you have the stock tune saved on the computer!!!) get the dyno tune. Save the dyno tune to your handheld as the stock tune put it on your computer and bam you have a dyno tune and your stock tune saved on your cpu. As long as you don't mess up anything electrical then you wouldn't have to worry about warranty because you would have it on your computer.