Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuner Help Me Decide

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner Help Me Decide

First of all I have a 1969 Chevy Chevelle that was completely restored. I put a 2006 Vortec 5.3 L33 Motor and a 4L460E Trans in it. When I did it I sent Computer off to have vats removed rear o2 and all the other unneeded stuff as well as a modified harness made. I have it mostly done now and looking to get a programmer to make some tweaks myself. I am trying to decide on either the Hp tuner or a Diablo. What I am looking for is to make some minor tweaks (with some help here) such as confirm Tire size I am getting a rear o2 code not sure which one currently but I think it is running lean, set fan temps, Remove Torque Management and so on. It is going to be a Sunday driver not looking to race but would like the most Getty up. The person that did the reprogramming made some changes to it and not sure what they were other then omitting the not needed stuff. I like the Diablo it seems easier to use but does not seem to have the ability of the Hp tuner. Question is this. The Hp Tuner says it is for the beginner as well as the Pro. Is that true I am computer literate and pretty handy with things (Did the whole restoration myself) Any Thought with that? Would an Hp Tuner be a good choice? The only thing I worry about with the Diablo is if I use one of the Stock Tunes in it by mistake it will add some stuff that was omitted and I will be stuck? Whereas with the HP it looks like I could fix that.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?