PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems accessing my PCM after TSP tune HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problems accessing my PCM after TSP tune HELP!!!

So here is the deal. I had my a mail order tune done to my ECM by TSP about a year ago. I have been trying to access my ECM to put the finishing touches but every time I hook up my HP Tuners it says unauthorized security code or something like that. So I tried call TSP and all they have to tell me is they dont lock ECM's after they tune them. MY HP tuners will connect and scan but it wont access the tune so I dont know what to do. This is kinda up-setting to me because I spent a good amount of money with TSP and all the help they can offer is we dont lock ECM's whats up with that? So I'm looking for suggesting to what might be wrong so I can just fix it my self!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post the actual error message you get; if that WAS the actual message (never seen that before) try emailing HPTuner's support and see if they can shed some light on it. If you have a VIN/OS pair mismatch you will be able to read the PCM but it won't let you re-flash it like that.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We don't lock pcm's so the customers can make changes down the road. Your always welcome to call & we'll be happy to help any way we can. My guess is your using a different version of hp than we tuned the computer with. You can definitely send the file to HP tuners, but I seriously doubt the computer was locked while it was here @ TSP.

Your welcome to send it over to us & I can spend some time with it. Maybe I can find out whats going on. Your also welcome to send the computer & your cable. Maybe I can reproduce the problem your seeing.

No need to be mad at us, it has nothing to do with the amount of money someone spends or doesn't spend. We're always here to help & go out of our way to take care of our customers.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 11-11-2009, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02'z
So here is the deal. I had my a mail order tune done to my ECM by TSP about a year ago. I have been trying to access my ECM to put the finishing touches but every time I hook up my HP Tuners it says unauthorized security code or something like that. So I tried call TSP and all they have to tell me is they dont lock ECM's after they tune them. MY HP tuners will connect and scan but it wont access the tune so I dont know what to do. This is kinda up-setting to me because I spent a good amount of money with TSP and all the help they can offer is we dont lock ECM's whats up with that? So I'm looking for suggesting to what might be wrong so I can just fix it my self!
are you using the current 2.2 updated version?
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Yes I'm using the updated version and the actual message read security access codes denied.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Teching In

I'm using the updated version of HP Tuners and never had a problem with accessing the ECM before TSP tuned it. The actual message from HP Tuners read security access codes denied. I understand that it's not the amount of money you spend with a company that determines customer service its just I have called you guys three times and really havent been pointed in any direction to get this fixed until I wrote this post and I'm not saying that you did lock the ECM but its strange that after your tune I cant access it. When I get a chance to scan it I will shoot you guys a email.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you know anyone close to you with HP Tuners? If so you might have them try and read the file. If they can read it then there has to be something going on with your HP Tuners equipment. If they experience the same issue then it has to be the PCM. If so then send it back to TSP as they sugested and let them have a chance to fix it for you. I am only sugesting to let some one else close by see if they can read it so you can determine if it is your equipment or something to do with the PCm/File.

Good luck and keep us posted. I know TSP personaly and I know they will do what ever it takes to help you.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:25 PM
FormerVendor

It doesn't matter what version they used or you used unless you are emailing files... When I get a x.23 (beta) via email, the first thing I do with them is load them onto a bench PCM and read them back out in x.22 so that I have a non-beta version to work with.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Launching!

What does HP Tuners say about this?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 02'z
we tuned my car AWHILE ago so im just going off memory. but im pretty sure the bold part happened to me

From what i remember you have to turn off high speed reading/connection (or whatever its called, but i know its "high speed"something.) You then have to try and connect again, and because its on low speed this time its going to take like 10-15 to go through all the verifications and actually let you in the PCM, We ended up having to change my PCM operating system. You can find a lot of help on the HPtuners forum
Old 11-23-2009, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Had the same issue while working with texas speed to get the tune they wrote into the vehicle. After several e-mails they asked me how that tune they e-mailed me worked out as I was going to try to rewrite the pcm with it and try to regain access. Problem was I never was e-mailed a tune. I responded to them informing them I did not get any attachment and they did not respond. I attempted to contact them again and still no response. We are planning on just swapping PCMs now to regain access. I will try to uncheck the hi speed rewrite and see how that works though.

Quick Reply: Problems accessing my PCM after TSP tune HELP!!!