Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help car doesn't go into BLM

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help car doesn't go into BLM

I have a 95 Z28, I just did pacesetter long tubes and I extended the o2 sensor wires. I soldered all but one that wouldn't take solder. I started the car and checked did a scan with datamaster. At first the car entered closed loop but would not do anything with the BLM. I checked and it said the right o2 was ok but the left o2 was not ready.
I pulled both sensors and checked all the wires for inline resistance. Two of the brown wires had like 5 ohms of resistance on the left o2, so I re-soldered them until they were normal. Now the car bounces out of closed loop and the sensor still doesn't stay ready all the time. It still hasn't gone into block learn.
I'm running open headers, but I wouldn't think that makes a difference because the sensors are heated. I'm going to do plugs and wires asap, but can anyone lend some tips. I have LT1 edit and tts datamaster to log the car.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

I beleave you should have a minium 0f 16-18" from the o2 and the open end of the header otherwise the o2 may read the outside air ( I run 16" )
ps : you may like to buy a set of extension wire for the o2' . I have read of problems after sodering wire into the OE connectors ??
just my $0.02, Johnny
Old 12-02-2009, 09:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think soldering the wires is fine, but I must agree with SSSLP2, you should have just bought extensions and running open headers with the O2s right there may be causing some issues. I would bolt the exhaust on and see if it goes into closed loop.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 12-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

Ya i'd like to bolt the exhaust on but it doesn't exhist yet lol. The funny thing is the readings are good, between 500 and 800mV. And sometimes it says that both sensors are ready, but it still isn't going into BLM. Even if the sensors were getting bad readings from the surrounding air, the car still should go into learning mode and then it would just think it's running really lean, Right?

I'll check the tune one more time, but I think it's all stock settings as far as this is concearned.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

One thing that sould be noted, is before I did the headers I deleted the A/C. Then I deleted all the emission devices in the stock tune, and the I deleted the A/C in the stock tune. EGR, AIR, EAS, A/C fan and clutch stuff, everything accept the MAF and charcoal canister.