Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Octane table?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 07:50 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Low Octane table?

Does anybody know exactly the hows and whats of how the PCM changes from the high octane timing to the low and vice versa? The way I understand it if it is running on the low table it uses fuel level inputs to switch back to the high after adding "X" amount of fuel to the tank the PCM assumes you put some good gas in so it goes back to the high table. My question is how does this work on a conversion vehicle that doesn't have fuel level inputs, BCM, or any of that kind of stuff. If it senses enough KR to go to the low table, how would it ever know to come back? (I am talking about a 1994 Truck that I just put my 2002 5.3 engine in.) Any insight on this?
Old 12-16-2003, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by L-EATER
Does anybody know exactly the hows and whats of how the PCM changes from the high octane timing to the low and vice versa? The way I understand it if it is running on the low table it uses fuel level inputs to switch back to the high after adding "X" amount of fuel to the tank the PCM assumes you put some good gas in so it goes back to the high table. My question is how does this work on a conversion vehicle that doesn't have fuel level inputs, BCM, or any of that kind of stuff. If it senses enough KR to go to the low table, how would it ever know to come back? (I am talking about a 1994 Truck that I just put my 2002 5.3 engine in.) Any insight on this?

Here you go...this will explain itHigh and Low Octane Tables EXPLAINED . Hope it helps.
joel
Old 12-18-2003, 01:27 PM
Teching In

More details here:
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=298