Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Surging after blackwing and cold weather

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP Surging after blackwing and cold weather

Ok car has headers, and full exhaust, and a tune. It has been fine for a year.

Last week I installed a blackwing. Car has been fine.

This morning first time its been in COLD weather 25 degrees, frost on car. (its normally in the garage) under normal driving from say 1000- 2500 it has a surging feel, like its wanting to miss or something?

thoughts?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it doing it even after it's totally warmed up? With the car at a complete stop and while rolling (1 or both?)? Did you tune the car? If a tuner did it, take it back and have them dial it in better in the cold. The "big picture" answer is your timing and fuel is off". If you tuned it with HPtuners, you can make or use a histogram that is AFR%error vs. OLFA and you might find that table needs to be adjusted in the colder temps. The timing might need to be adjusted for the cold weather.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Ok drove it on lunch, and got it all the way warm. Tt still doing it, but when I push it hard it jumps out of the fucked up mode and runs fine. (guessing becasue its going to power inrich mode then) is idels fine, and revs fine when free just a light load.

talked to my Tuner (Gomer on here) we are going to meet up tomorrow and do some data logging and then see what he finds also play with the tune a little.

I am guessing the car is just getting a little more air then it can handle with the tabels it has fro the first tune. and now with it being a little colder and teh intake install its pushed it over the edge? I don't know but hopefully tomorrow we can get it all worked out.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Tuning fixed. tuner showed up and looked a it. It showed it was little lean. We drove around data logging and as the car started to do it he said...oh there the problem, pull over here and stop let me try this. added 10% more fuel onthe part throttle below 2500-3000 and its gone.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Most excellent. Nice of you to follow up. So many folks jump in for answers but fail to follow up and leave the solution.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

The addition of the Blackwing called for MAF touching up. The VE should look the same, but the different air intake changes the path that airflow takes through the MAF somewhat. Any change such as that would call for recalibration in some spots. That MAF is a sensitive fella.