Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

odd problems! help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default odd problems! help?

I started my car today and immediately noticed a whining noise. It sounded like radio feedback and got louder/quieter with engine speed. It wasn't coming from my speakers but from under the hood on the passenger side. My car was running a little rough and would nearly stall when coming to a stop.

After driving about 20 minutes my tach and speedo were jumping a little and random dash lights started flickering (airbag, seatbelt, etc..) Then I lost all power no lights, radio and the car died. After I pushed my car out of the intersection and sat there for a few minutes I got power back, the car started, and everything seems fine. No rough idle and no noise.

Is it possible for my pcm to make this noise and cause these issues?
Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

wow one week i can't even get a yes/no answer?

thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Its hard to determin without hearing were the noice is coming from but the only thing I would think would be the alternator voltage regulator going bad and was not putting out enough volts and that was causing the computer not to work properly. Low volts could cause electrical item to make noise. I hope this helps in some way. Check your connection on the top of the alternator. If that wire gets loose in the connector it will not charge properly.

Quick Reply: odd problems! help?