Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"tip in" detonation and KR

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 06:20 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "tip in" detonation and KR

OK, quick description of the vehicle: 1994 chev truck with 2002 5.3/A4. Motor is bone stock down to the exh manifolds. Has a Whipple blower making around 7 psi. I just put the combo together, but it is basically a "liftout" from my 2002 truck, where it had NO issues. The problem I am now having is detonation/6-8 degrees of KR when I am cruising at say 65 mph around 1800 rpm or so usually about 20 percent throttle and I quickly increase throttle to 30 or 35%. Like if I just want to speed up to pass someone. When this happens there is almost no RPM increase, and the MAF goes from about 25 to 70 or 80. The MAP reading goes from like 18 to 30+ This is where I think the problem is. I am not showing boost when the KR kicks in, but I think it has to do with the MAP getting maxed out at such a low load/low speed. I guess my question is what tables do I change to correct this? I don't show any KR with a slight gradual application of the throttle nor with a sudden WOT blast, only with the quick "tip in"

The PCM I am using does not have the same segment 1 as my 2002 truck so I have had to go in and manually change the tables to the same values as the program I ran this motor on in my 2002 truck. The only real diff in combinations are the 2002 truck has drive by wire and 3.73 gears and the other truck has 3.08 and cable throttle. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 12-22-2003, 06:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like there might be a problem with the bypass valve on the Blower.Check for the valve to have free operation.(not sticking)