Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF & Boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF & Boost

Hey guys, I've been reading these forum stickies and HPTuners forum like crazy the past few weeks trying to understand this thing you guys call "tuning" Haha. I've been reading a lot about calibrating the MAF and what that entails, and I thought I was following along but now I'm a little confused as how this applies to FI applications.

In reference to this post from one of the threads in the stickies:
Originally Posted by foff667
basically gm plops in ve tables & maf tables from year to year to match the stock motor...when you change parts & airflow basically things change...your ve table changes as well as your maf calibration to some extent...what many of us(including myself) do is calibrate the ve table then re-enable the maf & calibrate that...in the end your wot fueling table should be equal to your actual wot fueling verified via wideband o2 sensor. You will hear from people its not necessary & to be honest it probably isnt necessary but it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing all of my tables are accurate rather then tricking the pcm in one direction or another.
This is how I assumed you would start tuning an FI car, but as I started reading more stickies I kept seeing people say to run a 2 bar speed density setup. So I'm starting to get confused again...

My question I guess is can you get a 2 bar MAP, tune the car in SD to get your VE tables correct, then dial in your MAF? Or once you go 2 bar is the MAF pointless?

If anyone get shed a little light to help my cluttered brain it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Smile

If you're an HP-T user,

Then you'd be more than likely better to ask about this on the HP-T forum.

As you may get more different opinions than you bargained for here where ppl are either EFI-L, HP-T or some other tuning software.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Now I'm more confused, haha, I didn't realize this may be HPTuners specific. I don't have any tuning software yet, just doing as much research as I can before summer comes around and I start doing somethings to the car.

I was just trying to get this straight in my head.