Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on 100mm MAFs

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on 100mm MAFs

So I'm thinking about ditching my POS Granatelli Maf and stepping up to a TSP or Lingenfelter 100mm... Any thoughts? I can't get consistent fueling with the Granatelli, plus it seems like it might be a restriction in front of my heads/cam/Fast 90 motor, so I'm gonna try something else.

I'm thinking a big maf with a screen in front of it would be the hot setup.. Less restriction with smooth airflow/clean signal.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

The hot ticket right now are the LS3 and 7 types. The TSP is that type with their housing. I've talked to several tuners and they recommend this type of MAF. Oh no screen required. You can buy the senser from GM but you would have to make a housing.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed a Lingenfelter MAF in my intake tract, but never got around to tuning it, so I pretty much just use it for the IAT reading right now (still running SD). I might mess with it down the road, but I'm just lazy

I did do some logging with it, and as I suspected, low RPM airflow numbers were pretty unsteady. I'll have to see what I did with those logs...
Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know few people that have had good luck with the PowrMAF from Bruce Melton.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

^^ Composite housing on that maf is (versus the metal TSP and LPE). Re-pinning the IAT into it slightly concerns me though...

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I did do some logging with it, and as I suspected, low RPM airflow numbers were pretty unsteady. ..
Wonder why it doesn't come with a screen then? Any reason someone couldn't put one in there?

Thx guys