Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't Crank..

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Won't Crank..

My guages went out the other day, and now my car won't start. I made a couple of passes in it and everything was fine, but then all of a sudden while driving home I lost switched power, that must have been when the guages fuse blew. I pulled over and turned the car off to check things out, but found nothing, so I tried to crank it back up and it wouldn't start, I ended up having to tow my car home. Now I've checked every fuse, changed the relays, replaced the ignition switch, got a new battery and a new starter and still nothing, no click, no tick, nothing, the lights don't even dim when trying to start. I can hear the relay click when I try to crank it but not a peep from the starter. I replaced the guage fuse and the guages came back on, now all my lights work, the stereo works, and I can hear the fuel pump priming, but no crank, wtf has anybody ever seen anything like this?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Found the problem, it was the ignition switch, along with a bad guages fuse, replaced it, dropped the steering column and replaced the switch and vroom, she started right up.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:18 AM
TECH Resident

Good man! thanks for the follow up. This will be valuable to some soul in a future search.