Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ground for LC-1 Wideband

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground for LC-1 Wideband

I'm installing a LC1 wideband, gauge, and HPTuner EIO setup in my car. I studied the schematics in the manual and it says that the ECU is connected to ground G102, which is located near the battery. The front cigar adaptor also goes to this location. Originally I was just going to ground everything to the ground on the cigar plug, but I have my doubts if the wiring could handle the current load from the heater grounds. So I am thinking I will put a lug on a 10ga wire and connect to ground G102. From here I will run it through the firewall to a distribution block like the picture below. And then I am just going to hook all of the grounds to the other end of the block.

Does anyone know what sort of current the heater wires pull? Would it be ok to use the cigar lighter for everything or am I correct to put in the extra work running the wire? Its a 2005 GTO BTW

Attached Thumbnails Ground for LC-1 Wideband-ground.jpg  

Last edited by kdog_x; 03-18-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont know the answer to your question, but i ran a 10 gauge ground from my passenger cylinder head to a ground block like the picture above and i wired all my lc1's ground to the ground block. worked great! i also ran a 10 gauge wire directly from the battery to a relay and wired my lc1 12v to the relay. then i wired the relay to a switched 12v so its only on when the keys on. Its the best, and most simple configuration i could come up with to have a good ground and a good 12v source.

Quick Reply: Ground for LC-1 Wideband