PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very interesting electrical issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Very interesting electrical issue.

OK the other day I was rolling in reverse when my car died. It just quit without sputtering or anything. I tried to turn it back over but it just sat there and cranked without firing. After sitting for a minute it fired back up and ran magnificently. The next day it did the same thing but since it still ran fine I didn't worry. Well finally the issue got bad when it shut out on me in an intersection and refused to start back up. Once traffic was thoroughly held up it fired and I got down the street and when coming to a stop it died again. Now once I got it going I revved up and put it in drive and floored it. It spun a little, got to 3.5k and died. After that it refused to start period so I was towed home. Now the symptoms are as follows. I have a CEL for a 0335 for no crank circuit activity. I replaced and check the wiring on that sensor. All the wires are continuous to the PCM and are not shorted on anything. I'm sure. Now if I wait a while it will fire RIGHT up and idle and rev great. If shut off and immediately restarted it will only turn without fire. Now if i put in any gear it will idle alllll day. But if the car moves more than 10ft in ANY gear it will die. Any ideas? Thanks!