Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WB portability with hptuners

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WB portability with hptuners

What I'm looking for is a cost effective WB solution that is easily portable from car to car. I'm looking at tuning a few cars locally and need something I can move around with and be as straight forward as possible.

I have an old version of HPtuners and looking at upgrading. I know the Pro has the data logging feature and the ability to receive and display a WB signal on the scanner.

I was looking at the NGK AFX but that seems much like the LC-1, whereas it's more of a permanent mount. The one that comes to mind is the LM-2, a bit more in price, but looks to be tailored for portability.

So, I guess I'm asking to see what ya'll have done for WB portability and what WB kits are you using and how? The LM-2 is fine but I would prefer to have the least amount of electronics being wired up to tune, I.E. WB signaled piped into the scanner.

Can you use the NGK ATX sensor with the LM-2?
Old 04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

hello?!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Well, from an HP tuners perspective, it's just a two wires to connect to the dongle, and even comes with a quick disconnect plug so you don't have to unscrew the connectors every time. I use a PLX personally (mounted permanently, because I am running OLSD tune), but pretty much any WB should work, all's you need to do is power it from a cigarette lighter or other 12v source, 2 wires to the HPT dongle for signal, and a plug in connector that connects to the wideband cable. Not a big deal.