Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS4 tuning high altitude

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 04:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MS4 tuning high altitude

Hi ,i have a camaro LS1 2001 with Full bolts on,full exhaust ,PRC stage 1 heads ,MS4 cam ,Fast 92/92 and SVO 30injectors with 4.10 gears

i just want to order a mail tune from frost ,but i have a doubt that the mail order tune for MS4 cam works good here in Mexico City that alttitude is 8000 ft

some help is appreciated
Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can order a mail order tune from Frost that 'works' at altitude. I am no where near as high as you (~5400'), but here is what happens.

When you first turn your key to on, the PCM via the MAP sensor 'calculates' your barometric pressure. That along with ECT, IAT, etc is enough information for your PCM to determine airmass and fueling.

Of course your WOT kPA will be probably only be about 70-75 kPa..but the main point is you can confidently order a properly configured tune, regardless of elevation.

It will work..What octane gas do you have there?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn
You can order a mail order tune from Frost that 'works' at altitude. I am no where near as high as you (~5400'), but here is what happens.

When you first turn your key to on, the PCM via the MAP sensor 'calculates' your barometric pressure. That along with ECT, IAT, etc is enough information for your PCM to determine airmass and fueling.

Of course your WOT kPA will be probably only be about 70-75 kPa..but the main point is you can confidently order a properly configured tune, regardless of elevation.

It will work..What octane gas do you have there?
hi weatherman!thanks for your answer ,here in Mexico city we use 2 brands of Gas 87 and 92 octane,i always use 92 octane of gas ,so a good i can use here in Mexico city?? thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, just let Frost know you are at high altitude. Sometimes you can get away with running a little more spark at higher elevations (since your cylinder pressure is lower).

You have picked a good tuner. He can set you up just fine.

Good luck..and yes use that 92 Octane!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WeathermanShawn
Yes, just let Frost know you are at high altitude. Sometimes you can get away with running a little more spark at higher elevations (since your cylinder pressure is lower).

You have picked a good tuner. He can set you up just fine.

Good luck..and yes use that 92 Octane!
thank you weatherman! yeah i already contact to frost i will wait his answer and i will pray that the tuning work good in my car!hehe thank you for your help