PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

4l60e shift speeds

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010 | 01:52 PM
Launching!

Default 4l60e shift speeds

The stock shift speeds for the 4l60e just don't look correct and I have downloaded several files and looked at the adjustments people have made and there doesn't seem to be any "norm" like I think there should be, feels to me like the shift's are on the low side and yes I have bumped mine up some and it feels better, but has anyone figured kinda a norm for the stock 4l60e with stock 323 gears I think the WS6 got, that would go something like at 25% throttle it would shift around 2000 rpm and at 50% throttle it would shift around 3500 rpm? the stock tune doesn't seem to go up on a curve, the stock tune on my car seems to shift below 3500 rpm unless you are really getting on it and maybe this is done for gas mileage, but there could be a compromise...and the up-shift to down-shifts just don't look right either...has anyone figured out something like this, I know it's a lot of preference but has anyone already done this and if so would you share your numbers?
Old 04-23-2010 | 05:31 AM
9 Second Club

It's all really personal preference... I've had customers say they don't want it holding gears out to long, and I've had others want it to hold them out from every stop light...

Personally, I have my truck tuned to hold them a little longer than stock and go back to the lower gear a little earlier than stock - just trial and error until I got it where I wanted it...

Quick Reply: 4l60e shift speeds