Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech or Custom Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech or Custom Tune?

would it be worth it to get a hand help programmer and change the PCM that a way or go down to the dyno shop and have then tune for optimum horsepower? does it make a difference between lets say hypertech or having someone who is good at tuning tune my car. the guy i know owns a lamborghini shop and the guy who does all the tunning says 100 bucks every two years so i can still smog the car. sounds good? open to sugestions...thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

U know a guy with lambo shop? Damn I should drive up there and meet him haha. Anyways, a custom tune is much better. The Hypertech only do general things and can't account for your mods the way a handheld tune can. Handheld would be MUCH more beneficial.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:33 AM
Launching!

yeah i want to get my car setup with no2 hopefully a 150 shot and have him tune it on the dyno to see how much power we can get out of this car. the guys who tune the cars and pretty good at what they do
Old 05-14-2010, 03:34 AM
11 Second Club

custom tune ur dumb if you go hypertech
Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Let me put it this way...Back in the day before basically there was only Hypercrap, I sent them in all of my specs and they sent me back a chip that plugged into the Hypercrap box that was supposedly tuned for the cam, blower ect, First pull at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, motor let go, Ringlands all broken..Thats when I started tuning...so.............
Old 05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Launching!

yeah im not going to waste my money il just pay 100 every two years so i can have that guy custom tune my car on the dyno il probally get the best result and power that away

Quick Reply: Hypertech or Custom Tune?