Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with speedometer recalibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with speedometer recalibration

Hi there, new guy here. I've got a 99 Trans Am with 3.73 rear end and the speedo is quite a bit off. Adding miles like mad to the od. Have tried and tried to get the speedo corrected to no avail. I do not want to spend $400 on some handheld deal that has much more than what I need on it. Thought it would be a easy fix to just reprogram the comp, HA! Took it to the local Pontiac dealers-no go. Called, I swear, at LEAST twelve diff shops in the area and got so much runaround I couldn't believe it! 'Call so and so', 'did you call so and so? yes I did', 'check with John in the back,he can help you', 'John....'you need a what? why I can't help you,did you try so and so?' YES, I tried so and so!!! I got so many diff phone numbers and people I totally lost track of who was who.WHY is this so ridiculously hard?!? All I need is someone to plug their programmer in,reset my speedo to fix the offset and be on my way! It's not like I won't pay,good night. $40? ok $70? FINE! But I can't even get ANY help anywhere I've tried....HELP!!!!! I'm in Northern Indiana btw...
Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it off?
How much is it off?
Differant rear end ratio?
Differant tire size?
Is the ABS light on? It should be if the speed is off by 10% or more
Old 05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Help him out Joe! He can do it. You need to make sure you have the right rear ratio and tire size for a good calibration. Might take a few tunes to setup the shifts also....
Old 05-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not a stock rear end. Tire sizes are stock. I don't need shift points changed. Just the speedo being off. And it's off by a good 10%.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sporttster
It's not a stock rear end. Tire sizes are stock. I don't need shift points changed. Just the speedo being off. And it's off by a good 10%.
You have a PM