Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idle issue after tune please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default idle issue after tune please help

ok, i got my car tuned and he set the desired idle at 925. when i took it home and ran the car on the road the it was idling at 1500-2000 way to high.. so i lowered my throttle blade screw in to lower the idle. then i checked the tps to keep it in range. so i ovaled the holes on it and adjusted it and now it idles right at 1000 but now when it first starts it wont idle unless i keep it running (give it some gas) for a minute, then it idles great and when i put it in gear it stays at a 1000.. what the heck is goin on, why wont it just idle at the computers set idle? i sprayed everything down to check for vacuum leak and found nothing.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like you may need to do a IAC reset.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ricknbird350
ok, i got my car tuned and he set the desired idle at 925. when i took it home and ran the car on the road the it was idling at 1500-2000 way to high.. so i lowered my throttle blade screw in to lower the idle. then i checked the tps to keep it in range. so i ovaled the holes on it and adjusted it and now it idles right at 1000 but now when it first starts it wont idle unless i keep it running (give it some gas) for a minute, then it idles great and when i put it in gear it stays at a 1000.. what the heck is goin on, why wont it just idle at the computers set idle? i sprayed everything down to check for vacuum leak and found nothing.
Not sure why you wouldn't just bring it back to the tuner.

If the IAC is working properly, adjusting the throttle blade screw wouldn't change the idle...the IAC would just compensate to keep the engine at the configured RPMs.

I'd take it back to the tuner.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

im meeting up with him tuesday i think, i just want to know more about this problem to see if i can get him to try different things to fix this. closing the throttle blade did bring the idle down to about 1000. but it surges pretty good sometimes.