PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pcm lost connection while reprogramming..

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Pcm lost connection while reprogramming..

I know this is not a obd2 pcm but, I was using lt1 edit to put a different program into my 95' T/A earlier today and everything worked good as usual and when it got to 16% it stopped and just read trying to re-establish communication with pcm. I let it go for like 5 minutes to see if it would recover and nothing. Checked connections and all were fine, so I just had to close the program. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and tried again and now it will stay at 0% and wont communicate. Car starts and runs for 1 or 2 seconds and fans are on when the key is on now. Anyway to get around sending it in for repair? And what causes it to stop communication in the middle of programming? Any help would be great.. Thanks
Old 05-30-2010, 06:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try unhooking the battery for a longer period of time - 30 minutes. But I doubt it will work. You are probably gonna have to replace the PCM. That is the number one reason I don't mess with LT1 stuff anymore... not worth the trouble. Could have been the car's battery got low during the push. and you can't have it on a charger, cause that can kill it too. Or something happened with your laptop. I killed three 95's before I found out that something in my laptop operating system (Window's XP) was fouling up the works. I put the tuning software on an older laptop with Windows 98, and it worked fine... who knows. I just refuse to touch them anymore...

You might be able to find one reasonable at a junkyard, but you are gambling on that. Try PCMforless.com - they can help with reasonable priced replacement PCMs for OBD I.