PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC Delete???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, too many tuners rely on, or fudge the IAC tables to get an engine to idle correctly. Spark is the pcm's main weapon when it comes to controlling idle, not the IAC. The IAC responds much too slowly to have any real effect.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7 ute
IMO, too many tuners rely on, or fudge the IAC tables to get an engine to idle correctly. Spark is the pcm's main weapon when it comes to controlling idle, not the IAC. The IAC responds much too slowly to have any real effect.
That's very true. The IAC comes into play for P/N/D when there's a considerable change in required airflow. Or A/C on/off. But, that being said, alot of racers do without it, and don't seem to have a problem. But then again, driveability is low on their needs list. No AC, big stalls that don't pull the motor down when put in gear, etc. Set your idle airflow to the required airflow in gear, then let the spark pull it down in park. Not that it matters much, you don't spend a bunch of time in park.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
All I have to say about 10Sec Rx7's posts is, do you live in an area that has as small temp swings as he does in Austria? A 10 degree change in timing isn't going to stabilize your idle speed with outside temps like mine that vary from below zero in the winter and get upwards to 100 in the summer, with a cam radical enough to give an IAC fits, trying to stabilize the idle.
Since you have HP Tuners, just ask Bill, I'm sure they have a great tune in the repository, that will work great for you.

nah probably only -5c to 45c that a big enough swing for you??

if you cant get it to work maybe you should get someone who knows how to tune to tune your car... cause the internet is full of professional tuners... LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
I'm glad to see they say its a great idea, too, Not
Question for Crager, I thought links to threads on other forums was a No - No.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Hey Joe, lighten up. On the OP and Bill too.
Just for you, I will, since you have, my respect
But why does Bill just drop out of a thread or have it delete, when his answer makes him look bad, or he can't justify his answers?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Banned

Just for you, I will, since you have, my respect
But why does Bill just drop out of a thread or have it delete, when his answer makes him look bad, or he can't justify his answers?
Thank you.

I don't have an answer for you. I know Bill is a great asset to this board as well as others. You might disagree, but it's fact.

I don't want to get into a pissin contest about threads deleted, or posts deleted. You've been on this board long enough, no one is questioning your technical input.

Let's not make this about bashin one software company over another. We both know both have their pros and cons.

I appreciate your respect. You should know the feeling is mutual.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I ran a Q45 Throttle body for a while. I didnt have any problems with deleting the codes and relying on the throttle stop to control the idle. you just have to adjust the Throttle position sensor accordingly.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned

Thank you.

I don't have an answer for you. I know Bill is a great asset to this board as well as others. You might disagree, but it's fact.

I don't want to get into a pissin contest about threads deleted, or posts deleted. You've been on this board long enough, no one is questioning your technical input.

Let's not make this about bashin one software company over another. We both know both have their pros and cons.

I appreciate your respect. You should know the feeling is mutual.
Are you at the shop on weekends? Saturdays?
I know that's a dumb question, but I should be getting down that way in the next couple of months and if you're around, I'll try to stop by.

I realize the Bill is a great asset (just don't tell him, his head might explode) and he has a good product, but he has to realize, its not the cheapest for everybody. The competitor products work out better for me. As you know I use TC for most everything, that I can do with it. Most of the time, I need sometime else it will involve a COS, why should I pay extra for it? I realize I'm not the normal customer, but not everybody wears the same size shoe. I had HPT, I will admit it seems easier to learn for the beginner and the COS's seem easier to apply, but I don't feel it's as versatile, as some of the other products. If Efi doesn't come out with Chrysler support and HPT does, I'll most likely buy it again, since one of close buddies need his SRT8 fixed and I talked him out of the current offerings
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Banned

Are you at the shop on weekends? Saturdays?
I know that's a dumb question, but I should be getting down that way in the next couple of months and if you're around, I'll try to stop by.
I'm here most Saturdays until 1 pm.

I realize the Bill is a great asset (just don't tell him, his head might explode) and he has a good product, but he has to realize, its not the cheapest for everybody. The competitor products work out better for me. As you know I use TC for most everything, that I can do with it. Most of the time, I need sometime else it will involve a COS, why should I pay extra for it? I realize I'm not the normal customer, but not everybody wears the same size shoe. I had HPT, I will admit it seems easier to learn for the beginner and the COS's seem easier to apply, but I don't feel it's as versatile, as some of the other products. If Efi doesn't come out with Chrysler support and HPT does, I'll most likely buy it again, since one of close buddies need his SRT8 fixed and I talked him out of the current offerings
I use all three. ALL of them have their place. There's times when one will do something the other 2 can't. I like TC alot, it's just lacking the intergrated scanner.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

I use all three. ALL of them have their place. There's times when one will do something the other 2 can't. I like TC alot, it's just lacking the intergrated scanner.
I agree, I wish John would do something about that
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of a company that is about to release a TC base package. Tuning software, Scaning and Data-Loging, and Support. I am under the impression the 841 CAN cable will work on it and CAN VDF's are coming soon.

Quick Reply: IAC Delete???