Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Intermitent no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Intermitent no start

Guys, I'm new to the LS1 scene and am the proud owner of a '00 Camaro SS. I've owned it for about a month now and, up until yesterday, haven't had any trouble with it. Yesterday, I tried to start it to go to work and I had to crank it 4 times before it finally started. It did the same thing when I tried to start it to come home. This morning, I thought I'd check the fuel pressure before trying to start it to see if I'm having fuel pump issues. After checking the pressure ( 58 lbs. while cranking and 50 lbs. approx. 15 min. later ) I decided to see if it would start. Lo and behold, it started right up on the first try. I'm beginning to think that I'm dealing with something electrical, such as a sensor of some kind. Once the car starts, it runs fine with no misses.
Does anyone have any ideas or anything that I could check?
Thanks in advance!!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Ive got this identical problem on my '01 TA, nx346. Car starts up fine, after work i gotta crank it a few times and itll eventually start. Fuel press. is fine and no codes. And again, once it starts it runs like a champ. Ive searched on here alot and i think ive narrowed it down to two possible causes: ckp sensor, or the ignition relay. Im gonna let my buddy whos an electrician at our shop check out the wiring to the ckp tommorow. If the wiring is ok, then im just gonna put a new ckp and relay in it at the same time. I dont care to know which one is causing it, i just dont want this to happen anymore.

My car isnt daily driven, so it hasnt been a big deal for me, but the few times i do drive it, this annoying **** happens. This thing's only got 23k on it so its very frustrating for me, especially considering how much i take care of it. I know no matter how much you take care of something, things can still happen, but it just seems that ive had a streak of bad luck with this car. (Ask me how many fender benders ive had in it due to the neglegence of other drivers...)

Hopefully youve resolved yours by now considering your post is a few months old, but im gonna post up my findings anyways.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well, today i ordered the ignition relay and a new crank sensor from work. Unfourtunatley my inner technician wouldnt let me just put in both at the same time. (That and we were really busy today, lol.) So i just popped in the relay real quick.

I had to run a bunch of errands today and i probably started the car like 7 or 8 times opossed to the usual 2 times a day, and it didnt skip a beat. Im still not 100% convinced though so tomorrow im gonna do my regular routine and see if it acts up. If it does ill be waiting with that ckp sensor in hand.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

So today i went through my normal routine, as opposed to yesterday where i started the car several times. I only started the car twice, and it didnt falter either time. Id like to think that the realy was the only problem but i guess only time will tell. Ill be using the car more frequently now since we're finally getting some nice weather down here, so if it happens again, ill post it up.