PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input what Tuning software to buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do all that with HPT's stock scanner from the first version... Nothing ground breaking there...
Old 06-11-2010, 10:36 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7 ute
Like I said, there are some basics( which some have said we have none) Then with the .cax we have
Wall mass factor, wall wetting rpm,wall wetting tps, impact factor, impact factor modifier, boiling constant,boiling constant modifier,stomp make up fuel,dfco stomp compensation tps, prior stomp compensation reduction, initial stomp compensation time,stomp compensation delay.
What else do you need? (again a genuine question as I havent come across a short runner set up)
I'll answer you when I'm back from holidays next week, bit hard typing on a I phone with **** all phone service
Old 06-13-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have rear thru this post and am confused one one majir point. I live in New Jersey so I must go thru smog inspections. The inspector plugs into the OBD2 plug so the computer VIN must match the vehicle VIN.

My question is which program will allow me to get thru inspection?

Thanks
Craig
Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ss performance
I have rear thru this post and am confused one one majir point. I live in New Jersey so I must go thru smog inspections. The inspector plugs into the OBD2 plug so the computer VIN must match the vehicle VIN.

My question is which program will allow me to get thru inspection?

Thanks
Craig
You can change the VIN# with EFILive.
The scan only version can do it if you want to be cheap.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I have a 98 and still... personaly choose EFI Live. . .

My first experience with Live was a 2 Bar COS and had no problems learning my way around
the software.

Now If I planned on tuning outside of GM (someday maybe... not anytime soon) I will also purchase HP Tuners. Can never have too many programs!! =]

I recommend EFI Live. COS do not cost more "credits". You pay the $100 for the vehicle license and can do whatever you please to that pcm.

Also. What the company did for me on a new v2 when my v1 was stolen, I can ALMOST FOR SURE say no other company out there would do.

Quick Reply: Looking for input what Tuning software to buy