Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Timing Tuner "HP in a box"

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need help with Timing Tuner "HP in a box"

I got this Timing Tuner "horespower in a box" to retard the timing when i spray my nitrous. I've read the instructions but i'm still confused with the timing chart. After looking at it for quite some time i think i have it figured out but i'm not 100% sure on how the timing retard works. If any of you have used this or are using this, could you help me understand how the timing retard works with this?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Bump.

Does anyone have experience with this? I need help understanding the settings for the timing.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st your going to have to know what timing your running now and what you want to pull. it changes the timing by changing the crank shaft signal so im not sure if its going to show on a scan tool. i tend to not like things like this and the timing twister by msd. that one i know you cant see on a scan tool. the one you have well im not sure. i made a unit that plugs into my iat so when i flip the switch i know how much my timing has changed across the board.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My timing tuner works good. It's really easy, set the base to 0, RTD dial to the amount of timing you want to pull. Then set your lower and upper RPM limits (window switch function). I have mine wired into my WOT switch so it pulls timing as soon as the nitrous starts spraying.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
My timing tuner works good. It's really easy, set the base to 0, RTD dial to the amount of timing you want to pull. Then set your lower and upper RPM limits (window switch function). I have mine wired into my WOT switch so it pulls timing as soon as the nitrous starts spraying.
The timing chart that comes with it is really confusing (for me).

Explain this a little more to me.
There are 4 controls:

1. RTD (timing retard)
2. Base
3. WOT
4. RPM

I'm not using the window switch function as i already have a window switch, i just need to pull timing. What are the letters for F, E ect.? If i want to pull 6 degrees of timing do i just put the RTD on 6?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SOMZ28
The timing chart that comes with it is really confusing (for me).

Explain this a little more to me.
There are 4 controls:

1. RTD (timing retard)
2. Base
3. WOT
4. RPM

I'm not using the window switch function as i already have a window switch, i just need to pull timing. What are the letters for F, E ect.? If i want to pull 6 degrees of timing do i just put the RTD on 6?
Yep, if you're not using the window switch then that's all there is to it! Just wire the activation wire to your solenoids so it only pulls timing when you're spraying. The letters A-F are just single character interpretations of numbers 10 thru 15 (double digit numbers don't fit well on tiny dials).
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
Yep, if you're not using the window switch then that's all there is to it! Just wire the activation wire to your solenoids so it only pulls timing when you're spraying. The letters A-F are just single character interpretations of numbers 10 thru 15 (double digit numbers don't fit well on tiny dials).
The gray and white wires are the activation wires correct? And i just wire the activation wire to a positive wire on one of the solenoids? I hate wiring and i'm not familiar with it so excuse me for being a noob haha