PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Gremlins... SS won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical Gremlins... SS won't start...

Another "car won't start" thread...

Car: 2002 Camaro SS, LS1/T56

Pulled in to a gas station to fill up. When I drove back home, I noticed I was hearing a weird whine from the dash, that changed with engine speed (when I revved the engine, the whine got higher pitched). But the car still drove fine.

Got home, parked it, went to start it back up... completely dead. Wouldn't crank, no interior lights, etc.

Took the battery to Autozone, they said it was fine and charged it. Brought it back home, hooked the battery up... Interior lights came on, radio works fine.

Go to start the car... click, then nothing. Now no lights, no radio.

Unhooked the battery, let it sit, hooked it back up. Lights on, radio on, this time it let me start it up, but it wouldn't idle... almost like it 'forgot' how to idle. Kept my foot in it until it warmed up, then it idled OK. Took it around the block, drove fine.

Got back home, parked it. Immediately tried to start it up again... nothing (not even a starter click), then radio dead, no interior lights, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone have any ideas?

The car sat for a number of months, and the battery went dead during that time. Does this sound like a problem that's related to deep-cycling the battery?
Old 07-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Teching In

Check your grounds and battery terminals
Old 07-04-2010, 06:06 AM
11 Second Club

The whine... figure out what it was, and maybe you will find your issue.. also, try hunting down open electrical systems, using a mulimeter and the fuse boxes?? That also might help.. I have never heard of that happening... good luck!!