PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e38 ecm 06 gto speed density

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok completely lost now, went to e85 tonight, tried to go speed density (1 bar) just to get the long and short terms closer to 0 for normal everyday driving, first thing i did was turn the maf. high and low fail # to 0 in the engine dig. section, then went straight to the dtcs and turned off everything involving the mass air/iat sensor (3 no error reported)(ses disabled), completely unplugged the mass air, Well.....
started the car and the thing went nuts surging like hell, long terms where in the 24% adding and the shorts would add fuel then 0 out up and down with the surging rpm, so i went in to the primary Ve and add 50% to the hole table changing nothing else, car did the exact same thing , went back in to dtc and turned all the mass air to (2 no mill light), put the ve table back to stock then started the car it idle perfect, but the trac. off light was on in the cluster, put it in rev. and wam hit hard (only 650rpm) back up and put it in gear and again hit hard did it in every gear. like full line pressure but no dtc??
drove around awhile longs and shorts where fairly close not touching VE from factory setting ,-6 on the longs threw out, so i thought i could roll into it just a bit 50ish% throttle on log (no boost) and the car just fell on its face and the gauge cluster said safety mode, the car sounded like it was running on maybe 4 cylinders, let off the gas, looked at the dtc as we where coasting down the hwy and 2 mass air codes, throttle post. and map sensor was on, still coasting cleared dtc and car was fine ( never shut it off)
also now the gauge cluster says the fuel gauge dont perform properly see dealer, the safety mode and fuel gauge acting up didnt start in tell tonight after the switch to e85
frost/anybody tell me what the hell is wrong (hp tuners)
Old 07-24-2010, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cannot set the MAF codes to No Error or you will be disabling SD. P0101-0103 ...one of those must be set. Uncheck the SES box and set all of your MAF codes to 0 MIL on first error.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

finally in SD on e85, buddy and i tuned most of the day, it runs great, we also got the wot down damn close just on a 1bar map sensor 10.8-11.7 at 13psi creeping down to 11 (procharger f1 blower 4.25 pulley with a 10psi waste gate in the charge pipe to relieve some boost) this is at 10degs of timing for now, (mods) injectors twin pumps, stock engine, the meth kit is already on the car but no activated yet, we will be turning that on this week, intake yemps seen 135 once (90 day) tune pulled 8deg back out for those temps,
theirs a group of us that are going to dyno next weekend, i guess we will see. (mustang dyno) thanks for all the input
Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

You REALLLLLLY need to get a 2bar os loaded up man. It really is the only way to fly with what you are doing. I never even messed with a maf or 1 bar on my old t/a. Went strait two bar and never looked back.

Hell up untill a couple months ago I couldn't tell you the first thing about how to do tune a MAF car.

Put the COS on it and you will thank yourself.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i do plane on 2bar sensor very soon, just wanted to get the car up and running
Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9sectruck
finally in SD on e85, buddy and i tuned most of the day, it runs great, we also got the wot down damn close just on a 1bar map sensor 10.8-11.7 at 13psi creeping down to 11 (procharger f1 blower 4.25 pulley with a 10psi waste gate in the charge pipe to relieve some boost) this is at 10degs of timing for now, (mods) injectors twin pumps, stock engine, the meth kit is already on the car but no activated yet, we will be turning that on this week, intake yemps seen 135 once (90 day) tune pulled 8deg back out for those temps,
theirs a group of us that are going to dyno next weekend, i guess we will see. (mustang dyno) thanks for all the input
??
how are you doing this?
you are running a 1bar sensor and 13psi of boost? or any boost really? what is your elevation? 4000ft?
A 1 bar sensor will only read ONE atmosphere (up to 105kPa)... thats WOT with no blower at sea level (90ish is typical). you add boost, you go beyond that 1 bar limit (2psi to max out the 1 bar), hence why everyone is stating you need a 2 bar OS and 2 bar Baro sensor.

The only way I see you managing this is your MAF is still enabled, as default GM PCM goes to MAF only on most cars above 4000rpm for fueling calculations.
which means, you are not in a true SD mode.

Quick Reply: e38 ecm 06 gto speed density