PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

backfiring thru intake, no power, crank sensor code..HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy backfiring thru intake, no power, crank sensor code..HELP!!!!!!!

someone please help me. i was driving my 98 ws6, stop at a light, and when i proceeded on green, the car started backfiring thru the intake and i lost 90% power. took it to the dealership and they just want my motor. said i needed a new one. took it to another guy and he scanned it. came back with crank position sensor code. ive changed it out twice. can someone please help. my ws6 has been down for 2 yrs since 4 july 2008. desperate!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Wiring issue?
Headers on the car? Wiring burned at the starter area?
You have access to a scan tool??
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biggtone
someone please help me. i was driving my 98 ws6, stop at a light, and when i proceeded on green, the car started backfiring thru the intake and i lost 90% power. took it to the dealership and they just want my motor. said i needed a new one. took it to another guy and he scanned it. came back with crank position sensor code. ive changed it out twice. can someone please help. my ws6 has been down for 2 yrs since 4 july 2008. desperate!
Is it a crank postion code or a cam code...if it's a cam code check the wiring on the passanger side at the front of the engine nears where the egr is or was. I have seen serveral 98's with a broken wire to the cam sensor at the connecter right there...It's only on 98's