PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES flashing at stoplight,only. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES flashing at stoplight,only. Ideas?

Im gonna use a generic code scanner shortly.

But when i stop (warmed up) at the stoplight (a4 auto/verter). The SES will sometimes flash for 5-10 seconds, when i go, it disappears.

Very repetitive. No knocking (pacesetters) present during this time on the way home today so i'm gonna go pull the codes shortly.

Hopefully one of you braniacs will have some insight.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Maybe search on user "Paulie" and email him, he had that problem and it was a bad MAF wire.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Okay generic code reader says: NADA

Conditions:

Car is not cold (fully warmed up) (having some small cold start issues with 112lsa cam currently).
Car is stopped at a light. Doesn't happen when cruising.

Idle is 1000rpm.

SES flashes sometimes at stop, then may continue up to 10 seconds, even after moving it will flash then go away.

We tried to plug in the generic (as in non-gm-specific) code scanner when the SES was blinking, no dice.

There is pretty bad rattle from exhaust/pacesetters but thats mostly on GO not at idle unless its undetectable.

Do i need a gm-enhanced autotap to pull this? It's very odd that its not storing an OBD-II code.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

This is caused by random misfires which are normal for a cam the size of yours. You prolly have the P0300 turned off, which would explain why there is no hard code throw.

If you have edit, you can easily correct this. It's not hurting anything if it only happens while warmed up and stopped.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

I am having the pacesetter issues, you can totally feel it smacking during loose acceleration (verter) and somewhat at idle. Think that would cause a false misfire code? I am going to have the tuner check it out. It's pretty odd since it only occurrs at a stoplight once fully warmed up, and i gotta come up with a solution for my ORY and pacesetters (/me kicks self for not getting hookers)